Saturday, February 11, 2006

Too Much Fun on a Fri Night

So tonight was one of those nights that I did three things in a row. After work, I drove to watch a high school basketball game. A cool high school kid that I "mentor" if you will is the star player. He's an awesome kid. Unfortunately, they lost by 5 points and he was really down on himself. I felt really bad for him but it was one of those things you just gotta stand by the guy and let him know you are there.

The second was to a missionary dinner and gathering. One guy spoke about heading to a central Asia nation and another decided to head over to Spain. The first was like in his 30's while the second in his 50's and neither spoke their country's language. They will be in intensive language school. It was awesome to see God sending people from various age groups to two totally contrasting places. Spain is well off but people are closed spiritually while the other country are poor but open to the Gospel. Nevertheless, God's word will not return void.

Last, I met up w/ a good buddy @ Fun World for go cart racing. Holy cow, it's one of the funnest things I've done in awhile! There are four tracks, the green & blue tracks are for rookies, aka little kids. The yellow is the longest and has three levels while the red is the fastest but only one level. There were four of us and we ramped into each other so many times that we were warned half dozen of times and they stopped our engines one time b/c we crashed into each other so badly...and yeah, I spent $30 in 1.5 hours but it was well worth it. My justification was that it was for my bud's Bday.

As for Sat, it'll be all work. Waking up @ 6AM, get a chainsaw and ladder, and help a friend cut down a 20 ft palm tree. After that, heading over to Eatonville to help build a house. This is a joint effort w/ several churches in the area. It'll be a day when I feel really macho using chainsaws, tools, hammers, and walking on top of roofs.

1 Comments:

At 2/11/2006 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm jealous of all the opportunities you are taking advantage of...I feel out of the loop...well, I'll pray for you and all the OPC family as you all serve and love on people...
Tell Saul hi! I heard he's preaching tomorrow...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home