Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Only on TV?

I thought this only happens on TV like The Office but I was wrong. I conducted an interview yesterday and the guy showed up in a golf shirt and shorts. This was fine if the position was for a lifeguard but it's a programming job. If my boss wasn't there, I would have told the guy to turn around. After looking over the resume,

I said Tell me about yourself.
He was lost, You mean my life?
I rephrased, Some of the projects you have done @ school.
He failed on all simple technical concepts so I decided to ask general questions.
Me, What's your dream job?
Him, Hugh Heffner, ha ha but I was not even amused.
Then he said, To be rich and I gave him the you gotta be kidding me look. I did not say anything for 5 seconds on purpose so that he can dig himself out of the hole but he didn't.
Then I said, How are you going to get there?
He said, Well, whatever position I can get.
My thoughts to myself, This is a waste of time.
Me to him, Thank you for coming. I have your resume.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home