Friday, June 02, 2006

Still a Good Fri

Despite the bad news I just got, this is just a reminder that no matter how much we plan, we can't do it w/o God. This is still a good Fri b/c God is @ work in Acapulco & Honduras as well as in Luke's life. Below is the latest.

Luke began to have some pain on his left side on Tuesday, and after a CT Scan, the doctors think that he either has a small blood clot in his lung or some pleurisy. There is not really anything that they can do for it, other than the blood thinner and antibiotics he has already been on so they could monitor him more closely, he was moved from Rehab again back to ICU.

4 Comments:

At 6/03/2006 1:13 AM, Blogger 2 K's are Better Than 1 said...

My boyfriend's cousin was killed in a dirtbike accident today. It was random and he left behind a wife and two children. Sad for those left behind. We're going to the funeral on Sunday. I'm thankful that my hope is not in this world.

 
At 6/03/2006 8:40 AM, Blogger Mercy Now said...

Sorry to hear that. I'll be praying for them.

 
At 6/05/2006 9:20 AM, Blogger 2 K's are Better Than 1 said...

I was humming It Is Well all day yesterday. The funeral was rough. The family, especially the 13 year old son Brody, were a wreck and it was heartbreaking. Amazingly enough, the people in my immediate circle who have a faith that i admire, are people who have experienced deep heartache (at their own hands or by others or just by life). God gives something to us in grief and heartbreak that we would not otherwise experience. That must be the "peace like a river" that Horatio wrote about.

 
At 6/05/2006 7:25 PM, Blogger Mercy Now said...

Wow, I'm at a lost for words w/ Brody. I mean what can you tell someone that young at this point? The only thing is just to stand next to him, sit next to him, and love him. I think a lot of times we feel like we have to say the right things in these types of situations when all we can really do is be there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home