Monday, April 16, 2007

Playing is Safe

So Dr. Richard Pratt preached at our church this past Sun and every time he preaches, you can hear a pin drop in the sanctuary. I really like him because he does not back down from telling the truth, along w/ John Piper, who are the top two speakers I admire most.

Anyway, Pratt said that Christians can no longer "play it safe". What he means is we cannot keep our Christianity to ourselves and our children and live private Christian lives. We think that this is good by protecting them but in reality while we seclude ourselves from the bad and terrible world, the world is being conquered by Muslims who really think that they can physically take over the earth for Muhammed. Examples are that mosques are going up everywhere in the US, six in Birmingham, AL, and a 40,000 seating mosque is being built in Houston, TX. So if we continue to play it safe, we are risking the future. We need to take risks and venture into this dangerous world so that we can give them hope. The life that the avg evangelical lives is a life about me, me, me. Of course, I was convicted. It is not I that live but Christ who lives in me.

1 Comments:

At 4/17/2007 3:46 AM, Blogger Gino said...

christians dont need to get out.
they need to get busy in the bedroom, and breed the next generation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home