Wednesday, February 14, 2007

What is Life?

In light of the news of my friend, Greg, about getting inoperable cancer of his organs, I'm reminded that all of us have a limited time here. The question that I've been asking myself is do I live a life that imitates Christ or do I live a life that's for me with Christ in the background? To put it another way, if Christ was to come back next week, would I be glad to see him or would I be ashamed?

Or if I was told by some doctors that I only have such and such time left, would I do anything different? Would I continue to work long hours, not give more $$$ or time to ministries, spend money on materialistic things that I don't need, wasting time watching TV aimlessly?

2 Comments:

At 2/15/2007 2:43 AM, Blogger Neemund said...

If I knew I was going to die in X number of days, weeks, or months I'd honestly blow all of my savings on a huge vacation for myself and my closest friends. Since I can't take anything material with me to Heaven I'd do my best to ensure all of my friends enjoyed what I can't take with me.

 
At 2/16/2007 9:56 PM, Blogger W.B. Picklesworth said...

I have a feeling that a few things would change in my life, but I wouldn't be too ashamed. In class today we were talking about martyrdom in the early Church and oftentimes they embraced it since it meant that they could go home. I'd like to think that I'd be happy too, but there are some people that would be missed terribly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home