Monday, September 03, 2007

The Absurdity of Leona Helmsley

She recently passed away and left $12 million to her dog yet she did not leave two of her four grandkids w/ anything.

According to this blog... and yes, there are lawyers who specialize in pet trusts: see pet lawyer Rachel Hirschfeld. When asked about it, Hirschfeld wasn't stunned by Helmsley's huge act of animal generosity. "It's not an outrageous amount . . . if her estate is $8 billion, then this is a fraction of 1 percent," said Hirschfeld.

In summary, these people are so out of touch w/ reality due to greed and selfishness of the Nth degree that they have practically wasted their lives. In the end, all of us have to answer to God for our actions.

4 Comments:

At 9/03/2007 8:45 PM, Blogger Trebonte said...

Ugh...

Pets are fun and are due some respect but bringing them up to the level of a human being, especially to the extent that Helmsley did, is utter nonesense.

Such pettiness to continue holding a grudge against your grandchildren to the bitter end is rather pathetic as well.

 
At 9/04/2007 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm surprised she didn't have the pet killed and placed in the casket with her; like the pharoahs used to do. She seemed to have had that type of mentality.

kingdavid

 
At 9/12/2007 1:46 AM, Blogger Neemund said...

People should be able to do as they wish with their own money, and I see no problems with them doing stupid things like that. But yeah, I'd be ticked if I found out that my Grandma gave money to her cats instead of me though.
I'm pretty sure my dog would be much more greatful if he were willed my stash of homemade beef-jerkey than my life savings.

 
At 1/21/2008 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, she did leave $4 billion to a charitable fund that she and her husband established.

To her, $12 million is pocket change.

Despite her last moment charity to redeem herself, she still has the eternal title of "Bitch".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home