Friday, May 12, 2006

TGIF!

Thank God it's Friday. I discovered this week that our pastors are under appreciated. After two hospital visits and two family visits, I'm worn but our pastors have been at the hospitals daily this week. The biopsy on my friend's brain went well as no tumor was found. This means it's some sort of infection so hopefully they'll find what it is in order to prescribe the proper treatment. Thanks for praying.

Tomorrow is Sat and I'm hoping that this kid I mentor will call me today to take him out. We met as a group this past Tue and he asked me if I can take him to do fun things. I said sure but that we'll have to go to the bookstore first and read. I think that may have scared him since he just wants to have fun. This brings me to my rant about the public school system. Most kids in this group live in the inner city and I discovered that mine is illiterate and he's in the 5th grade. How he got into the 5th grade is beyond me. He has a great spirit and really fun but he just doesn't like to read probably b/c he can't.

3 Comments:

At 5/12/2006 2:03 PM, Blogger 2 K's are Better Than 1 said...

that's awesome that you're mentoring a kid... cool stuff...

i just posted a missions week idea on my page. let me know what you think...

 
At 5/13/2006 1:39 AM, Blogger Mercy Now said...

Brinkley, go to 2k's link above and join the challenge.

 
At 5/13/2006 2:46 PM, Blogger Mercy Now said...

Brinkley, are you thinking about going on the Mexico Mission trip w/ our singles group? There's a 40% prob w/ me since I couldn't make it to China or S Africa. Fennema's 95% going. There's a Turkey trip in the fall with Reggie Kidd and Dr. Kistemkr which is where my other 60% is. I guess I should have used AIM or email huh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home