Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Would you pray for Luke?

The latest on my friend is the biopsy must be done. It is risky primarly due to where the "growth" is located in his brain. It is in the middle of brain, in the nerve input and output center, which is very difficult to get to. The main risk is internal bleeding which could cause paraylsis. There is always a chance of hemoraging or cutting some nerves on the way down to the where the "growth" is located. The surgery is Thu @ 10AM so please pray for my friend Luke.

I feel helpless b/c there's absolutely nothing I can do. I feel fear b/c of the uncertaint future for my friend and his wife of almost two years. I dread answering my cell phone every time "Bert" appears on the display screen b/c the news may not be "good".

But then I think about Hebrews 11 which is one of my favorite passages. I think about the many uncertain times those that came before us have suffered. I think about the ultimate prize and that it is not about here. I think about Romans 8 (another fav passage) and about how the sufferings of this world cannot be compared to the glory which shall be revealed to us.

These are my feelings and these are my thoughts, how do I bring the two together? The only thing I can do is to rely totally upon God. The only thing I or anyone else can do at this point is to pray so will you pray for my friend as well?

2 Comments:

At 5/11/2006 8:38 AM, Blogger Mercy Now said...

Yes, I was thinking about that last night.

 
At 5/12/2006 2:00 PM, Blogger 2 K's are Better Than 1 said...

i will pray... for you too, it's hard to carry other people's burdens but Jesus will give you what you need - them too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home