Saturday, October 21, 2006

Cap for the Week

1. I've been staying up way late the last week watching the NLCS only to see the Cards hit a 2 run homer to beat the Mets @ the top of the 9th in game 7th. Argghhh! Can't wait to see the Tigers humiliate the Cards.

2. I was on my way to get lunch at the mall and took a glance at this nail place only to find that a beautician was cleaning someone's FOOT! The sight was disgusting that I lost my appetite. Come on people, manicure is fine but pedicure should be done behind CLOSED doors!

3. I am in the market for a new laptop and was thinking about getting a Mac only to discover that they cost about 75% more than a PC.

4. A friend was speaking to a group last night and asked me to help since he has written a book about the topic. On the way there I asked if I need to get $5's for change and he said not to worry since he sold 1 the last time. Well, I guess it was my charm or my subtle salesmanship that I ended up selling 9 books. Thank you, thank you, please hold your applause:o)

3 Comments:

At 10/22/2006 1:35 PM, Blogger kingdavid said...

I can beat the pedicure story, although that is disgusting. I used to work with developmentally disabled adults; one of the guys I use to work with part time had a catheter attached to a leg bag. One day he yanked it out, so I had to take him to the emergency room. The doctor had me come in and I had to hold this guys legs together while about 4 doctors and nurses tried to reinsert it. That was a sight I only want to see once in my lifetime.

Segue: we're looking to get a new desk top. Right now I have a Gateway laptop which I like. We need to replace our HP Pavillion, which is about 7 years old, and we're thinking about a Mac, since that is what the kids use at school. Haven't begun pricing yet, but Lord I hope we can find a good buy somewhere.

 
At 10/22/2006 8:36 PM, Blogger Mercy Now said...

KD, the Mac Pro (15" screen) starts @ $1,999.00! HP or Toshiba have better specs for around $1,200.00 and usually you can find deals @ Best Buy, CompUSA, & Circuit City for $100-$200 off w/ slightly better specs. I guess it comes down to if you want to pay the price difference for less hassles in dealing w/ patches, etc. In my case, I'll take $800-$1000 in my pocket:o)

And for the cath story, I'm thinking of banning you for a couple of days from posting:o)

 
At 10/23/2006 9:19 AM, Blogger RobertDWood said...

Cards are going to rock the World Series. They've got momentum.

Macs... Rip offs. After you buy the box, then you have to load windows.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home