Monday, November 20, 2006

Blizzard Hits FL

Well, not really but you would think so by the way people were dressed today. I dressed as normal, long sleeve cotton shirt and pants but had to run back in the house and grabbed a light sleeveless sweater. When I got to work I saw:
1. A co-worker inside w/ a turtle neck sweater under a suit jacket
2. A lady in a trench coat
3. A man w/ beanie and thick sweater
4. Drum roll please...
a co-worker walking in w/ a heavy leather trenchcoat over a jean jacket which was over the medium wool turtleneck sweater along w/ a scarf. No, I am not exaggerating...and the temp was 47 F at the time.
----------------------------
On another note, Beta Blogger is getting on my nerve. Not only do I have to sign in twice, 1st under my old blogger acct, then 2nd w/ my gmail acct. In addition, sometime everything is displayed in Chinese for no apparant reason which is why I accidentally deleted my previous post so sorry to Bike Bubba & Gino.

7 Comments:

At 11/20/2006 8:14 PM, Blogger Neemund said...

When I was working in Orlando, I saw people bundled like they were going to Antarctica. Most of those days I still wore my usual t-shirt and shorts. I was happy when I was able to work outside, and laughed when my coworkers were getting company issue hats and scarves, when I got away with a uniform short sleeved shirt and a vest.

 
At 11/21/2006 3:49 AM, Blogger Gino said...

i know when my posts arent wanted!

 
At 11/21/2006 6:26 AM, Blogger Mike Fennema said...

Ahh....the beautiful 47 degree weather...I would love to see an actual blizzard around here to see how people would drive with the white stuff on the ground...now that would be hilarious.
--Mike

 
At 11/21/2006 6:20 PM, Blogger W.B. Picklesworth said...

You have to sign in to beta twice? That's really odd. I sign in once using the official email of the pre-beta blog. I never have to use the google account for anything.

 
At 11/21/2006 8:45 PM, Blogger kingdavid said...

God's wonderful creation, the human body. Blood thickens when the body is exposed to continuous cold, and thins when exposed to continuous heat.

In MN, 47 in October is chilly and we wear coats. In March, 47 is heaven and we're in shorts and t-shirts.

I can't believe how people in FL can function in continuous 90's with 90% humidity levels. I'd go insane and probably end up turning into a liberal.

 
At 11/21/2006 9:11 PM, Blogger Mercy Now said...

KD, please don't ever come down to Fl except during the winter:o)

Mike, if a bliz hits Fl, the whole state will stop functioning. It'd be worse than a hurricane where power will be down, pipes will burst, and people can't drive on icey roads.

 
At 11/21/2006 10:52 PM, Blogger Matt said...

Displays in Chinese? That's really weird.

Living in Japan, it's really annoying to go to sites like google and have them be the Japanese version.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home