Thursday, September 27, 2007

Those @#$%!# Communists! :o)

Well, I had to apply for a People's Republic of China entrance visa so I can be admitted when I vacation there later in Oct. It ended up costing me $150! This is not so bad if it has always been that way but up until a year ago, it was $10 each time you enter the country. They somehow decided to raise it to $150 but it's good for a year. What vacationer on earth travels to the same country more than once or twice per year? My only conclusion is that they can get these huge profits when the 2008 Olympic Games come.

Communists are capitalists after all.

2 Comments:

At 9/28/2007 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember, when you go, don't act like a normal tourist. Instead of going to the Great Wall like all the other hicks, go visit the Mediocre Wall. I hear that's where the locals hang out.

 
At 9/28/2007 6:12 PM, Blogger RobertDWood said...

Lol at KD.

hey, it probably works better for buisness guys who go in and out several times a month.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home