Sunday, May 14, 2006

Sing, oh, sing of my Redeemer

There are some songs that just keep the blood pumping and the eyes watering, even for a masculine guy like me. Here's one where Fernando Ortega lead us in worship today.

I will sing of my Redeemer
And His wondrous love to me
On the cruel cross He suffered
From the curse to set me free

Sing, oh, sing of my Redeemer
With His blood He purchased me
On the cross He sealed my pardon
Paid the debt and made me free

I will tell the wondrous story
How my lost estate to save
In His boundless love and mercy
He the ransom freely gave

I will praise my dear Redeemer
His triumphant power I'll tell
How the victory He giveth
Over sin and death and hell

5 Comments:

At 5/15/2006 10:11 AM, Blogger 2 K's are Better Than 1 said...

great song!

 
At 5/16/2006 8:35 AM, Blogger Mercy Now said...

Brinkley, to answer your ? from the previous post, I've been thinking about training for a mini triathlon as there's one in Oct. The problem is I'll have to eat three times as much to keep my body weight, otherwise, I'll look like a nail when I put my hat on. Ooops, I shoulda use email instead.

 
At 5/16/2006 9:04 AM, Blogger 2 K's are Better Than 1 said...

hilarious! my bro, stevo, was in marathon training last year and got really trim from it... not quite the "nail" look, hmmmmmmm, maybe that's what hollywood is after? "Does this make my spinal cord look big?" :-)

 
At 5/16/2006 12:45 PM, Blogger Mercy Now said...

2K, unfortunately, Hollywood's influence has taken a hold our society, even in the Christian circle. I personally know three friends who are anorexic. They eat so little and exercise like crazy. One actually likes to wear dark clothing so it hides her fat. It wouldn't surprise me if this friend ends up in the hospital one day. There was a study done that said anorexics today are like the Jews in concentration camps.

Michael, I saw MI3 this past wknd. It was good but not great. Makes me wanna visit Shanghai tho as part of it took place there.

 
At 5/16/2006 6:00 PM, Blogger Bike Bubba said...

Great hymn, and the very name of the worship leader tells us that a church that loves those hymns was serious about outreach. Wonderful!

(does he compose as well with such good taste? I'm hoping "yes")

Don't worry about training, Mercy--your metabolism just might slow down soon. Mine sure did--we can say that I used to have the nail look down, but no more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home