Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The Middle East & the End Times

According to this Newseek article, Tim LaHaye says:
I have often said that no one knows the day nor the hour that Christ will come, but no generation has had so many signs of the times as our generation. We have more reason to believe that Christ could come in our lifetime than any generation before us.

If we look at history like WWII when millions were slaughtered or the Bubonic Plague/Black Death where 1/3 (25 million) of Europe's population was wiped out or in the early church under the rule of Nero, people thought they were near the end times. LaHaye is right in the sense that as far as time goes, the present generation is closer than the previous but that's about it. So my question is what part of no one knows the day nor the hour does Mr. LaHaye not get?

4 Comments:

At 8/02/2006 12:07 PM, Blogger Bike Bubba said...

I'm with Michael here. I have some disagreements with LaHaye, but not on the need to watch the signs that He's coming back. We should be excited, I think.

 
At 8/03/2006 11:06 AM, Blogger RobertDWood said...

He'll come back when he comes back, and its not anything I can change, so I'm not worried about it.
Although I don't think the tribulation/rapture will happen in my lifetime.

 
At 8/03/2006 8:46 PM, Blogger Mercy Now said...

Hear Hear (as Palm Boy likes to put it)

I have a startling revelation and that is the earth is older in this generation than all previous generations.

Thank you, thank you, please hold the applause. No really:o)

 
At 8/04/2006 11:41 AM, Blogger RobertDWood said...

The profundity is astounding.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home