Saturday, January 20, 2007

A Sucker for Bargains

I've made it a rule not to buy things @ retail as much as possible and since my new job, across from the mall, I've been able to buy things not only on sale but @ 75% off! So a pair of nice pants and dress shirts for $10-$15. Anyway, I was having breakfast w/ a good friend and he told me the local seminary bookstore is having a sale of 30%-75% off. I made my way down there and below are the books I bought:

Georges Rouault's This Anguished World of Shadows

When God Comes to Church
Hope in the Midst of a Hostile World
Congregations at the Crossroads
Beyond Family Values

Handbook on the Wisdom Books and Psalms

Neither Poverty nor Riches
God's Unfaithful Wife
Salvation to the Ends of the Earth

Commentary on Jeremiah & Lamentations
Commentary on Ezekiel

4 Comments:

At 1/20/2007 6:28 PM, Blogger W.B. Picklesworth said...

Looks like you've got a nice book list for the next few months. Tear into and let us know what's good.

 
At 1/22/2007 8:40 AM, Blogger RobertDWood said...

Thats a lot of books...
How much was it all?

 
At 1/22/2007 9:07 AM, Blogger Matt said...

I hope you've got some free time in the coming weeks.

 
At 1/22/2007 9:47 PM, Blogger Mercy Now said...

PB, it came to $180 so I saved a total of about 40%.

Raben,
The Handbook on Psalms and the 2 commentaries are more reference books. The George book is an arts book so I'm down to 7:o) Started on 3 books this wknd thou.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home